Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Let’s make some Vitamin D!

Vitamin-D

I had a doctor’s check up the other day and it turns out that I’m low in vitamin D.  My doctor suggested that I start taking vitamins, but I HATE taking pills.  So instead of taking her advice I’ve decided that I will start drinking vitamin fortified soy milk and spend more time in the sun.  Apparently the body makes enough of its own vitamin D if I stay outside for 15 minutes in the mid day sun (but this only works during the summer in Canada). Unfortunately the weather hasn’t been cooperating so I haven’t been out much…yet.

2 comments:

  1. It's very simple to get more vitamin D from the sun. Just stay out longer. With painting, and art, won't it be easy to spend an hour or so hanging outside (except winter)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I sit inside my studio all day. I have to actively seek the sun or I just don't get outside at all. The other problem is that it's been raining like 5/7 days this summer.

    ReplyDelete