Friday, July 17, 2009

Bathroom decor

After I posted the picture of the houses, I was commissioned to make a similar painting to decorate the wall of a powder room. This time the theme is toilets!

I often find it difficult to choose a colour scheme, and this one is especially difficult because I have to match the colours that are already in the room. So I made a quick sketch in Illustrator to plan it out.

Here's my first crack at it:

Toilets-08

I didn't like it, so I created 7 more. She liked the one below because of the strong red floor.

Toilets-04

I played with it some more until I liked the colours...

Toilets-05.1

But I found it was still too plain, so I added more details and more colours. Now if she approves the design, I’ll start painting!

Toilets-05.3

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, you got a commission, ALREADY?!?! Crazy, you need to give something to the people that convinced you to get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, btw, I REALLY like how this came out. Toilets, genius!!!

    ReplyDelete